Sunday, May 13, 2018

Wind - in progress, by esteban

Wind
         
Chapter One
          2 days since christmas.  listen to me good.  the horse had giant nostrils shooting steam in the ice cold.  i never saw a horse before in real life, just on tv.  it  was black then white then reared and i never saw muscles like that before, bulging for an explosion. 
          it was in my living room.  living. 
          i just wanted to sing.  just sing.
          but i wasn’t singing, i had tried all day but i somehow lost my voice, i had even drank whiskey, thinking it would help me get my voice back.  it didn’t. so i was listening to elton john sing. 
          then the horse reared and i shivered in my living room, blanket wrapped around me, something my mother knitted, yarned, whatever, as a gift she would have given me the christmas she died.  i did not understand the cold.
          this all happened in less than 3 seconds. 
          then i lay before the horse, right where it would land once it stopped its rearing.  
          thinking the horse came from hell or heaven, to kill me, i lay before it, closed my eyes and waited.
          and waited.
          and waited.
          then its nose, face, whatever you call its face, rubbed my face until i opened my eyes.  and that’s how Wind chose to introduce herself – by scaring the hell out of me and making me open my eyes.

No comments:

Where are you? by esteban a martinez

you will never hear my words brute tongue did not mean what it said i did not say that i am not good with words you will never hea...